Vacuuming your home can be disappointing, especially if the machine does not provide the dynamism you expect from it. Dyson offers a variety of designs, styles of vacuum cleaners, known for their varied levels of suctioning power.
With the so many Dyson models, how do you choose the best Dyson vacuum cleaner for your home? These Dyson vacuum reviews aim to help consumers decide which type of Dyson vacuum suits their needs. The following best buying tips will guide you on choosing the best Dyson vacuum for your needs.
How to Choose the Best Dyson Vacuum Cleaner
Frequency of vacuuming needs. It is important to know the frequency of your vacuuming needs when purchasing a Dyson vacuum.
A lightweight model is perfect for daily vacuuming to maintaining the cleanliness of your home, while a larger canister or upright model is great for weekly or more vacuuming because its motor is more powerful than the lighter models.
Suction power. The suction power is essential because the amount of dust and dirt collected depends on its capability. Rob Green, Dyson’s design engineer, clarified that airflow and agitation or the vacuum cleaners ability to break through the carpet’s fibers to remove deep-rooted dust, the filtration level, cyclonic action are factors that affect the suction capability of a vacuum.
Green suggested checking the air watts other than the AMPS amount, as these give a more accurate measurement for the cleaning power of the vacuum. A more than 200 air watts vacuum is a good sign that it has a powerful suction says Green.
The Dyson type or model. Choosing a cordless, upright, handheld, or canister Dyson vacuum cleaner depends on the areas and items to vacuum.
+ Canister models are ideal if you are looking for a lightweight vacuum cleaner for small spaces and bare floors.
+ Upright models are great if you want a vacuum cleaner that deep cleans carpets and is easy to store.
+ Cordless models are handy options for easy cleaning of large areas.
+ Handheld models are the best choice if you need a lightweight vacuum and one that is easy to manipulate to vacuum small surfaces efficiently and quickly.
The Best Dyson Vacuum Reviews
Dyson Canister Vacuum. The canister Dyson vacuum type is available in 2 models: the Dyson Cinetic and Dyson Ball Compact Animal.
+ 2-tier of cyclones that captures even the most minuscule particles
+ BallTM Technology – all the vacuum’s elements are assembled within the ball that includes the motor, electronics, pre-motor filter and the 21-feet power cable. This technology creates low center gravity and stability. The Ball technology serves as a steering mechanism that allows easy maneuverability, so it easily follows when pulled around the home
+ Compact size for easy storage even in small spaces
+ Brush bar floor tool is made of stiff nylon bristles that can capture tight-in dust from carpets, while the carbon fiber filaments are ideal for removing fine dust gently from hard floors
+ No dirty filters remove and wash or replace
Best Canister vacuum reviews
Dyson Ball Multifloor Canister Vacuum Cleaner. This product’s features are: 1) Dyson Radial Root Technology; 2) Dyson Ball Technology; 3) triggerhead tool; 4) engineered for reduced noise levels; and 5) HEPA filter.
- Easy to assemble and use
- Excellent suction and quiet operation
- Easy to operate (brush roll can be turned on and off from the handle)
- Innovative, clean and smooth design
- Long retractable cord (7 feet) and hose (8 feet)
- Easy to empty dust bin
- Small canister
- Difficult to change tools
Dyson DC39 Animal Canister Vacuum. Its main features include: 1) Dyson Radial root cyclone technology; 2) Dyson Ball Technology; 3) tangle-free turbine tool; 4) reduced noise levels; and 5) extra cleaning tools.
- Made of durable materials
- Sleek and compact design
- Exceptional maneuverability
- Remarkable suction power
- Easy to attach and detach parts
- Very good on hard surfaces
- Cord retracts easily
- Narrow vacuum head design
- Expensive compare to other canister vacuums
Dyson Cordless Vacuum. The cordless Dyson vacuums are fitted with a Dyson power-dense digital motor. It may be small in size and light, but is powerful.
+ A re-invented direct drive cleaner head that drives the bristles deeper into the floor or carpet to collect both large and very small debris and dust simultaneously
+ Convenient docking – stores and chares the machines and holds additional attachments
+ Boost mode – 5 minutes of increased suction power for harder tasks
+ Up to 20-minute run time – has a trigger that releases instantly, so the fade-free Li-ion battery don’t stop while in use
+ 2-year warranty on parts and labor
The different models of Dyson cordless vacuum are: V6 Absolute, V6 Fluffy, V6 Animal, V6 Motorhead and V6.
Best Cordless Vacuum Reviews
Dyson V6 Cordless Vacuum. Its main features include: 1) Dyson digital motor V6; 2) 2-tier Radial cyclones; 3) motorized cleaner head; 4) max mode; and 5) docking station
- Very good suction performance
- Incredibly versatile design
- Easy to change and clean brush roller
- Cleaning ability is at par with that of corded vacuums
- Light and easy to maneuver
- Easy to use with no screws to undo
- Easy to store because of the convenient dock station
- Small dust bin capacity
- Unchangeable battery
Dyson DC59 Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaner. The features of this vacuum are: 1) Dyson digital motor V6; 2) 2-Tier Radial Cyclonesvery floor type; 3) brand new carbon fiber mini motorized tool; and 4) 26 minute run time (on normal mode) and 6 minutes (on boost mode) enhancing trigger
- Light, ergonomic design
- Slightly larger dust bin
- Powerful motor
- Easy to remove and wash filter and other attachments
- Runs 6 times longer than dc44
- Wide motorized floor tool
- Less hair tangle
- Short time on boost mode
- Cannot stand on its own
- Battery cannot be removed
Dyson Upright Vacuum. Dyson upright vacuums are regarded as the most efficient upright vacuum cleaners.
+ A self-adjusting cleaner head with a dynamic, forceful motorized brush bar an active base plate that adjusts adjust the cleaner head height automatically to lock in suction on any types of floors, ensuring that even the minutest particles caught between the floors are captured.
+ Strong nylon bristles of the motorized brush bar goes deeply into rugs and carpet to remove ground-in dust and dirt
+ Specially created HEPA filters that will last a lifetime. These filters have been approved by the leading allergy experts as they capture and store the harmful particles which cause allergies in people.
The Dyson upright vacuum is available in three models: the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball, the Dyson Ball, and the Dyson Compact Animal.
Best Dyson Upright reviews
Dyson Ball Multi Floor Upright Vacuum. This vacuum boasts of the following features: 1) Dyson Radial Root Cyclone technology; 2) instant high-reach wand; 3) self-adjusting cleaner; and 4) HEPA filtration.
- Powerful suction power
- Easy to use long wand and hose
- Light weight, easy to move and carry
- Efficient for picking up pet hair
- Easy to assemble
- Small dust bin
- Hose does not tighten when machine is on
Dyson DC65 Animal Upright Vacuum Cleaner. Its main features include: 1) Dyson Radial Root Cyclone technology; 2) reconfigured Brush Bar; 3) self-adjusting cleaner head; and 4) tangle-free turbine tool
- Extremely lightweight
- Long cord
- Long hose
- Easy to empty
- Two washable filters
- Very good on wood floors
- Does not hold all the attachments that comes with it like the two large
- Quite expensive
- Narrow canister
Dyson Handheld Vacuum. The Dyson handheld vacuum was created based on the results of extensive research by the company. Their research revealed that the most efficient method to decrease and eliminate allergenic bed mites droppings is a forceful and strong suction. A powerful suction also eliminates dead skin cells, which are the food source of dust mites.
+ A powerful digital motor V6 that penetrates deeply into the mattress
+ 2-Tier Radial™ cyclones that catches more microscopic dirt, dust and allergens
+ HEPA filtration whole machine
+ A motorized mattress instrument that shakes the mattress fibers so dust and allergens are released
+ Boost mode – powerful suction of up to 20 minutes
+ Maximum mode that enhances suction for harder tasks
Best Handheld Vacuum Reviews
Dyson V6 Trigger. Its features include: 1) Dyson digital motor V6; 2) 2-tier Radial Cyclones; and 3) mini motorized tools.
- Extreme suction power
- Ergonomic design; fits perfectly into the shape of the hand for ease of use
- Equipped with necessary attachments
- Great in cleaning hard to reach areas
- Quieter compared to other vacuum cleaners
- Transparent dust bin, making it easier to see if it is full
- Hard to reach release button
- Short battery life
- Wall charger not included
Dyson DC34 Handheld Vacuum. Its main features include: 1) Dyson Root Cyclone Technology; 2) Dyson digital motor V2; 3) powerful, smaller and lighter motor; and 4) up to 15 minutes battery life.
- Suction is 3 times powerful than any other handheld vacuum
- Motorized brush great on carpets
- Easy to empty and clean dust bin
- Easy to maneuver
- Longer battery life
- Short charging time
- Heavily built, making it hard to move around in small areas
The Pros of Dyson Vacuum Cleaners
– Remarkable suction power. This is obviously the best advantage of all Dyson vacuum cleaners. Their powerful suction power can work in exceptional extended hours.
– Incredible allergen buster. The HEPA filter allows Dyson vacuum cleaners to suction 99% of dust, mold spores and bacteria.
– Dyson vacuum cleaners can be used on any kinds of floors, rugs and carpets.
– The bagless feature makes it easier to get rid of the dust collected in the bin, which is good for you and the environment.
– Come with different tools and attachments. All Dyson vacuum cleaners offer Dyson-engineered attachments and accessories to remove dust, dirt and allergens so you can clean furniture and every section of your home or office easily. The extendable hose feature is great in cleaning the stairs and hard-to-reach areas.
– BallTM This technology makes it easier to move the vacuum in any direction.
– Superb warranties. Dyson vacuum cleaners are offered with 2- to 5-year warranty period that includes parts and labor.
– Excellent consumer rating. Consumers have given Dyson vacuum cleaners 5-star ratings because of its superb performance in collecting even the smallest particles, outstanding warranties and exceptional customer support services.
The Cons of Dyson Vacuum Cleaners
– They are costlier compared to other brands of vacuums. However, Dyson vacuums are more durable than their competitors.
– Sleek design. Some people are not too happy with the sleek design of Dyson vacuum cleaners, although this is more of a personal issue.
– Dust bin. Removing the dust and dirt collected in the bin seems to be a problem with many people, particularly for those who are used with the old styles of vacuums. Emptying the bin is actually very simple – you only need to push a control button and press another button so the collected dust are released at the bottom of the dust bin.
– The heaviest Dyson vacuum weighs 10.9 kg, including the hose, tube and all attachments contained on the vacuum. Lots of people may find this quite a challenge, particularly when pulling it up and down the stairs, but this is the reasonable weight that you will encounter when using a vacuum cleaner.
Price. The price is another basic to look for when choosing the most excellent vacuum machine, which depends on your budget.
Features of the Dyson Vacuum Cleaners
– Patented Root Cyclone Technology. All Dyson vacuums use patented Root Cyclone™ technology. This technology uses centrifugal forces to get all the dirt and dust from the floor and thrown directly into the canister. The newer models feature two tiers of aligned cyclones. The 2-tier cyclone segregates smallest microscopic specks from the air, allowing the increased amount of sucked dirt.
– Dyson vacuum cleaners do not lose suction because dusts do not cling to the bag. The bagless feature spares you the difficulty in cleaning the bags, which is bad for you, particularly to those with allergy. It is good for the environment, as you do not need to shake the dusts that have stuck in the bag. You save money for not purchasing replacement vacuum bags. You do not have to bother with removing and fitting a new bag when it gets filled up.
– HEPA filtration. Dyson vacuum cleaners can catch allergens and emit cleaner air. It can remove 99.97% of elements, even the smallest elements measuring 0.3 microns.
– BallTM Dyson introduced the BallTM Technology because vacuums with fixed wheels are difficult to maneuver. The BEST DYSON VACUUM cleaners that feature this technology features a big ball and supporting castors. The ball rotates that allows you to direct the vacuum easily. The DC15 upright vacuum was the first Dyson with the BallTM Technology. In 2012, the company introduced this technology in its cylinder vacuum models, starting with the DC39 Multi Floor cylinder. To date, the motor and other vacuum components are housed in the Ball that helps the vacuums to work quietly. It also keeps the vacuum more stable because by reducing the center of gravity. All Dyson models produced from 2012 were fitted with the Ball.
– Canister capacity. All Dyson vacuums have a high suction-small capacity canisters combination, with some models having as small as 0.6L canister capacity. This keeps the vacuum weight lighter.
– More durable. Compared to other vacuum cleaners, Dyson vacuums are made from materials used in manufacturing a crash helmet. It is available in various designs, including a model specially designed for people with allergy and another ideal for pet hair.
– Hygienic bin emptying. It has a release button, allowing the easy and hygienic disposal of the dirt.
Other factors that you may consider are the shape, size and noise levels. Always remember to check on the product specifications and read reviews for the different Dyson vacuum cleaners.